Getting Started With Ascribe
The Ascribe system has been designed to make it easy for you to use with as little time needed as necessary to complete your tasks. You can perform similar tasks in the same way for all modules within the application. Sorting, searching, exporting, moving from record to record ... all work the same way across modules.
Begin by familiarizing yourself with the modules available to you by examining the orange menu bar.
Upon logging into the intranet, the user is shown the intranet portal. Here the user is presented with a number of blocks showing information from within Ascribe. For example, one block could be listing the latest announcements targeted for staff and volunteers. Another block could list the top five favorites of the user. The portal can be configured according to the users tastes. Blocks can be added and removed. Blocks can be rearranged to on the page. These settings saved and will remain just as it was set the next time he/she logs into Ascribe.
Every listing of records can be sorted by various fields. Look for the or icons next to a column header within a spreadsheet of records. You may click any clickable column header to sort records by that column. For example, in the listing of persons, there you may sort person records either by Name, Household or Address . Clicking the column header for a spreadsheet already sorted by that column will then resort the spreadsheet in the opposite order.
Paging through records
Ascribe lists records in a spreadsheet-like table. Usually not all records in the database can be displayed on a single page. Therefore, Ascribe shows only a limited number of records per page. You can page through them by selecting a range of records in the drop down listbox or use the following navigational buttons.
The drop down range selector allows you to jump to as many as five pages before the current page or five pages after the current page. For most record listings, the drop down range selector and the paging buttons are found at the top and bottom of the spreadsheet table.
Change number of records shown per page
- In a list of records, look for this in the upper right corner:
- Edit the number shown to reflect the number of records you would like displayed per page.
- Click the graphic button or press the Enter key.
Change default number of records throughout Ascribe
- Go to the My Preferences page by clicking on the link at the top of every screen which looks like this:
- Click on the Miscellaneous button.
- Set the Records Per Page field to the number of records you wish to be shown in lists of records throughout Ascribe. This will affect your account only.
- Click the button at the bottom of the form.